Friday, July 8, 2011

Pillow Please!

012

Sew Creative was a blast this week!  I had two new students closer to my age and of course Maggie and Mollie.  A few others weren’t able to do their lessons this week- so we can play catch up next week… here’s a glimpse at this week!

Lauren and Kristen took their first lesson this week and had never sewn before (Kristen didn’t really count the time she did in junior high…hehehe…) and they both walked away with a beautiful pillow they did on their own!  It’s fun to see your students proud and I was quite proud of them too.  I have such a good time teaching something that I’m passionate about and in return seeing others become passionate about it as well!  It was nice that Lauren and Kristen were able to successfully make something on their first lesson to show off to their husbands and friends.  I know for me personally, I would get discouraged pretty fast if I felt like I had worked with my sewing machine for an hour or two and had nothing to show for it.  And a bonus, Lauren brought her cutie pie baby girl, Sawyer along.  She was perfect while her momma learned to sew!

As a teacher, you hope to have cool students- and I am blessed to have such sweet, good students. 

Speaking of… here’s Maggie and Mollie! They also made a pillow this week! I seriously think they are too cute and compliment each other so well.  Nothing like a sister, right girls?  They did such a good job that we even had time to mess with ruffles a little! ;)  Didn’t they pick out great material for their pillows or what!! Way to go M&M!

013

010  011

No comments:

Post a Comment